Bishop's Itchington Neighbourhood Development Plan
Why Have One?
- The Government is placing a renewed emphasis on planning at the local level and it believes that "local people know best what local needs are."
- A Neighbourhood Development Plan allows communities to come together to shape the future of developments in their area.
What is it?
- A Neighbourhood Development Plan will be a new way of helping Bishop's Itchington to decide where and what type of development there should be.
- A Neighbourhood Development Plan cannot override or conflict with national or local planning policy but it can be used to:
Develop a shared vision of our neighbourhood
Choose where new homes, shops, offices and other developments should be built
Identify and protect important local green spaces
Influence what new buildings should look like
Bishop's Itchington NDP Working Party
Your parish council has commissioned a group of residents, led by parish councillors, to create a Neighbourhood Development Plan comprising:
- Councillors: Steve Tressler and Norman Thomas
- Residents: Though initially formed with several residents supporting, there are no non-councillors in this group at the moment.
We welcome interest from people with a variety of experience and skills. Please contact the parish council office to find out more.
How will it happen?
- A Neighbourhood Development Plan must be a genuine community document and you can contribute.
- There will be consultation and collaboration throughout its development using different channels such as:
- Meetings and events
- Leaflets and posters
- Workshops and questionnaires
- The parish magazine
- Website & social media
- The draft plan compiled.
- Planning consultants, Kirkwells Limited, have been appointed to professinally produce the plan on behalf of Bishop's Itchington Parish Council.
- Draft plan submitted to Stratford District Council for review.
- Stratford District Council advised that they have now passed the plan for pre-submission consultation (Regulation 14).
- Public consultation to start on 1 February 2021 and will run for 8 weeks.
- Submission of the finalised Bishop's Itchington Neighbourhood Development Plan (Regulation 16) to Stratford District Council for approval.
- Plan examination by the Official Examiner
- Post examination and referendum version of the plan submitted to Stratford District Council
- Stratford District Council have advised that the Plan has been signed off and is ready for referendum - date for referendum set for 19 January 2023
- The referendum took place on 19 January 2023 in The Memorial Hall.
- Results: 274 of those voting said ‘Yes' and 40 of those voting said ‘No' - this was a turnout of 14.12% of eligible voters.
- Subsequently, the plan was formally accepted and 'made' at the full SDC Council meeting on 27 February 2023.
- A copy of the made version is available on the link below and can also be found on the SDC website in the Neighbourhood Plans section: