Bishop's Itchington Neighbourhood Development Plan
Why Have One?
- The Government is placing a renewed emphasis on planning at the local level and it believes that "local people know best what local needs are."
- A Neighbourhood Development Plan allows communities to come together to shape the future of developments in their area.
What is it?
- A Neighbourhood Development Plan will be a new way of helping Bishop's Itchington to decide where and what type of development there should be.
- A Neighbourhood Development Plan cannot override or conflict with national or local planning policy but it can be used to:
Develop a shared vision of our neighbourhood
Choose where new homes, shops, offices and other developments should be built
Identify and protect important local green spaces
Influence what new buildings should look like
Bishop's Itchington NDP Working Party
Your parish council has commissioned a group of residents, led by parish councillors, to create a Neighbourhood Development Plan comprising:
- Councillors: Steve Tressler; Norman Thomas; Dawn Mann
- Residents: There are no non-councillors in this group at the moment. Interested residents are welcome. We need people with a variety of experience and skills. Please contact the parish council office to find out more.
How will it happen?
- A Neighbourhood Development Plan must be a genuine community document and you can contribute.
- There will be consultation and collaboration throughout its development using different channels such as:
- Meetings and events
- Leaflets and posters
- Workshops and questionnaires
- The parish magazine
- Website & social media
- The draft plan compiled
- Planning consultants, Kirkwells Limited, have been appointed to professinally produce the plan on behalf of Bishop's Itchington Parish Council
- Draft plan submitted to Stratford District Council for review
- Stratford District Council advised that they have now passed the plan for pre-submission consultation (Regulation 14).
- Public consultation to start on 1 February 2021 and will run for 8 weeks
Details of the consultation, together with a copy of the Draft Plan and comments form can be found on the Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Page:-