BISHOP’S ITCHINGTON PAVILION PROJECT
Brief for a Fundraiser
Bishop’s Itchington Parish Council has been working with a steering group of local residents to develop plans for a new sports pavilion. This is to replace the old pavilion on the playing field, currently mothballed as no longer fit for use.
AT Architects of Leamington Spa have worked with the steering group to develop the new design, and a number of funding sources have been identified, including the HS2 Community and Environment Fund. The requirements of the various funding sources suggest a staged approach to the construction of the new pavilion:
- Core construction
- Fit out
- Demolition of existing pavilion
- Car park/landscaping
- Storage container for club equipment
The parish council already has £120,000 developer contribution linked to new housing in the village. The project now needs to find someone who will help complete the balance of the fundraising by carrying out the following tasks:
- Collating the detailed costs for each part of the development (already being researched)
- Checking with Groundworks (the HS2 fund) and FCC Communities Foundation (Landfill Tax) exactly which parts they would fund
- Completing the HS2 application (mostly drafted already)
- Drafting and submitting the funding bid to FCC (probably enough for the fit-out)
- Raising the funds for the balance of the project, being demolition of the old pavilion, constructing the new car park and drainage works, and acquiring and fitting out the sports club storage container. This would include the smaller grant funds and any other sources, potentially including corporate sponsorship.
If you are interested in being involved in fundraising for this project, please would you send your contact details, charging rates and a note of past experience to Karen Stevens the parish clerk at email@example.com by 26th February 2021.
For further details, please contact Cllr. Michael Mann the steering group chairman on 07759 863269, or email firstname.lastname@example.org – Many thanks