Stratford District Council’s Site Allocations Plan (SAP) has been drawn up and consultation on the Preferred Options version of the Plan commences on Thursday 29 October 2020 and runs for 7 weeks until 5pm on Friday 18 December 2020.
The Site Allocations Plan is an additional Plan that will sit alongside the existing Core Strategy and will enable residents, businesses and communities to know where new development may occur in the future. It includes a range of proposals across the District relating to:
• Reserve Housing Sites
• Self and Custom Build Housing sites
• Built-up Area Boundaries
• Employment Enabling Sites
• A46 Safeguarding
• Plus a number of other site specific proposals including sites for employment and regeneration
How to View and Comment on the Consultation
The best way to view the consultation documents is online at www.stratford.gov.uk/sappo. Information on how to comment is included within the Plan itself and on the website.
The District Council is promoting the consultation using a range of communication channels and we would encourage you to disseminate this information to your local communities as much as possible to maximise engagement:
• A number of short videos have been prepared to explain in greater detail the proposals within the consultation. These will be made available on the website and promoted through social media at various points throughout the consultation period.
• Maps are available on the website for each settlement so that residents can easily identify which site proposals potential affect different areas.
• A special edition of Parish & Partners will be circulated during the consultation period.
• Whilst it is not possible to hold face-to-face public consultation events, a number of live online question and answer sessions will be run throughout the consultation period to enable residents to ask questions. Visit www.stratford.gov.uk/sappo to find out more and join one of the sessions.
• A leaflet is available on the website and is being distributed to all households across the District.
• Subject to changing restrictions resulting from the Coronavirus pandemic, copies of the consultation documents are available to view at the District Council offices (Elizabeth House, Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6HX between 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday) and the Plan can be viewed at main public libraries across the District.
• Copies of the document can be purchased from the District Council.
In addition to the above, letters are being sent to properties that are located within close proximity to a specific site proposal, or in some cases located within an area identified for regeneration, within the draft Plan. The distribution of this letter has been automatically generated based on applying a standard distance between properties and a site proposed in the Plan.
For further information or if you have any queries regarding this consultation please contact the Policy Team via email at email@example.com or call us on 01789 260334.