The parish council is elected to serve the local community of Bishop's Itchington
The Bishop’s Itchington Parish Council is elected to serve the local community. Find out more about what we do.
The parish council is elected to serve the local community. Our councillors are all volunteers who give their time freely. They are supported by the clerk to the council who is head of the council's administration and a small team of dedicated staff who are responsible for looking after various village amenities.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Parish Council Office will be closed until further notice. The Clerk can be contacted on 07502235503 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishop’s Itchington Parish Council
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2022
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement: Tuesday 28 June 2022
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2022, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Karen Stevens – Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer, Telephone: 07502235503, Email: email@example.com
commencing on: Friday 1 July 2022
and ending on: Thursday 11 August 2022
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
- The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team), 15 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf, London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Karen Stevens – Clerk/RFO